We’re hiring – Mid-Level Frontend / Backend Developer
Get on the ground level with an up and coming online marketing agency. Build a technical team around you and have a say in the direction of the business.
Will suit someone who is not looking to start their own gig, but is fed up with working for other people. Here is a chance for the right individual to gain a part ownership of the agency over time.
DEVELOPMENT WORK (70%)
- Gain a full understanding of the current development process & review it with a view to making it more efficient and secure.
- Hands on development of new projects in PHP/mySQL. Utilising open source systems such as WordPress, BigCommerce, Adobe Business Catalyst and CakePHP.
- Automate robust backup procedures as well as other essential activities using Amazon S3 APIs and shell scripting languages.
- Secure the current library of existing projects, to make sure they are more secure and less prone to hack, malware attacks.
- Over time start developing in CakePHP or similar application building framework for an inhouse product.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (30%)
- Working with executive team to educate management about technical possibilities.
- Problem solving new technical requirements / client project briefs.
- Participating in large project client meetings / liaising with client’s technical team.
- Proposing new solutions and methods as technologies evolve. Being our resident technology futurist and educator.
- Accurately outlining work task breakdowns, assessing and defining milestones, and estimating time-frames for work completion.
- Training clients in CMS backend administration.